Monday, July 4, 2011

Day 9 "Wants vs. Needs"

Aha: 
This may seem small, but when you are as frugally-minded as I am (Clinton prefers to call me cheap, but to be honest, that's probably more accurate), the idea of dropping money on anything in general, let alone a pair of shoes makes me a bit queasy. 

Clinton told me he needed to get a pair of comfortable dress shoes that he could wear during his rotations since he'll be on his feet all day.  We talked about going to Payless or Walmart in the hopes of finding something economical (aka:  cheap) but he said we should go to Famous Footware (aka:  famous for being a rip-off!) 

Anyway, we headed that way and I saw they were having a sale, but their sale was still quite pricey ($50-70).  I meandered through to the clearance isle and found a pair of Dr. Scholl's for $25!  They fit perfectly and I felt so excited that we didn't have to spend much.  That's not even the best part!  When they were rung up at the register, the shoe salesman said, "Hey, they're only $15!"  Woohoo!!  I was so excited! 

I view this steal-of-a-deal as a blessing, Clinton probably views it as the Lord enabling my cheapness.  We'll view this as a blessing for now and I'll keep working on my cheapness for later.

Ha ha:
Here's a brief but humorous conversation that Clinton and I had this morning...
He:  What do you want to do today?
Me:  I dunno.  I wouldn't mind getting some pancakes at IHOP though.  I LOVE pancakes!
He:  What is it with you and your obsession with pancakes?
Me:  That's funny you ask.  I was JUST thinking about them!

No comments:

Post a Comment