Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Day 17: Ding-Dong the Premenstrual Witch is Dead!!

Aha:
**WARNING!!--Female issues will be discussed.  If this subject makes you uncomfortable, I suggest you take your blogging-eyes elsewhere.  Period! (pun intended)**
I have been struggling with irritability for about 3 weeks.  I literally have been praying each night that either my period would start or that I could snap out of my slump.  My prayers have been answered in a very real and very specific way!  It feels so great to have my hormones leveled out again.  I feel happy again!
For those of you who know me REALLY well, you'd know that my cycle has never been regular.  I'm probably categorized as completely UNregular.  In fact, in the last year, I think I've had maybe four or five extremely light periods.  If you are female, you are probably saying to yourself, Wow!  Wouldn't that be nice?  Sure, I guess it's "nice" but when your body needs them for later-in-life bone health, it is a bit worrisome to not be having them regularly.
Anyway, yesterday night I felt a familiar feeling that I haven't felt in about a year...cramping.  This isn't your average menstruation cramping.  These are labor pains.  I actually get contractions during Aunt Flo's visits.  The thing is/was...I couldn't be HAPPIER!  My body is FINALLY working properly again and I am completely and totally elated!

Ha ha:
The other day, when the Premenstrual Witch was still alive, she reared her ugly face into what could have been a totally happy conversation.  It went a little something like this (mind you, this was on our way home from church.  I guess I wasn't paying attention to the whole, "Be Christlike" mentality).
Me:  Honey, I just want to warn you that I'm a bit sensitive today and can't take a lot of sarcasm.
He:  Do you remember the old days?  (He asks me this at least once a week and today I couldn't take it)
Me:  Why do you keep asking me that?  What old days?
He:  The old ones.
Me:  I was a baby, of course I don't.  (getting irritated)
He:  Do you remember the gay old days?
Me:  (silence)
He:  Well, do you?
Me:  That's it!  Pull over, I'm walking home (still had over a mile left)

Oh, my.  I think I was a bit dramatic.  Looking back at it, it's quite humorous, but during it, I was a crazy, hormone drivin' crazy woman and I my poor husband was the target.  Sorry Honey!  Thanks for loving me regardless.

2 comments:

  1. Everything seems more dramatic when the premenstrual witch wields her ugly head!
    Glad you can laugh at the humorousness of the situation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are hilarious Dani! I think the funny part of that story is...every woman on earth can relate to it. You are a great storyteller!

    ReplyDelete