Saturday, July 9, 2011

Day 14: Made to Order

Aha:
Today was supposed to be a "free day" for Clinton, but when his resident decided to take call today, he too had to go in.  He left our house at about 5:30 this morning and I was hoping all day he'd be able to come home sooner rather than later.
Well, when 6pm rolled around and he still wasn't home, I began to feel pretty depressed.  I thought I'd take Peter for a walk to get us both outta the empty house.  I decided to walk towards the school/hospital in the hopes of maybe running into Clinton on his way home, IF he had even been released from his duties, that is.
Peter and I took our time meandering onto the campus and as I rounded the corner where Clinton would be coming out my phone started ringing.  It was Clinton telling me he was walking out the door and on his way home.  I smiled as I saw him striding towards me.  He couldn't see me, so I asked if he was walking past the sprinklers yet.  He looked up and said, "I see you."  I felt like we were dating again. :)
The timing of our little interlude could not have been more movie-like.  It was such a great moment and it could not have been sweeter.  I'm sure Clinton will think I'm just being a hopeless-romantic, but it was exactly what the doctor ordered, and when the doctor is the Lord, no necessary prescriptions go unfilled!

Ha ha:
After an especially LONG day at the hospital Clinton came home and wanted nothing more than to sit on his bum and watch some quality Saturday evening television.  I know what you're thinking...Is there such a thing as QUALITY television on a Saturday night, especially for someone who doesn't have cable??  To this I emphatically say, no.  There isn't.  But if we HAD been watching quality television perhaps would would not have come across this little gem...

Great Actors Deserve Great Roles. Bad Actors on the Other Hand...

Needless to say, this serves as my ha ha moment for today.  "Owww!"...that was painful to watch.

No comments:

Post a Comment