Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Day 24: God Bless Us, Everyone

Aha:
I had the pleasure of reading the First Presidency Message for the month of August.  It's titled "Love at Home:  Counsel from our Prophet.  It contains a series of topics that are answered with quotes from President Monson's many addresses.  Here is my favorite piece from this message...
Sharing Our Love
"Never let a problem to be solved become more important than a person to be loved...Let us relish life as we live it, find joy in the journey and share our love with friends and family.  One day, each of us will run out of tomorrows.  Let us not put off what is most important."
I read those words over and over.  How poignant.  I loved his counsel about the importance of loving a person more than focusing on their problems/problems you may have together.  It is so easy for me to get annoyed or frustrated with people around me and this was such a sweet reminder to remember that we are all human and we all need to be loved.  I'm going to try harder this week to focus on the importance of loving those around me more vs. focusing on the "problems" I have with them.  I can not put off what is most important!

Ha ha:
I meant to blog about this a couple days ago, but neglected to do so.
While sitting in Sacrament Meeting on Sunday I could feel a sneeze coming on.  I tried to hold it in, but in my attempt to keep it quiet I seemed to lose all control and had the weirdest sound come out of my snout!  Imagine a yelling match between Donald Duck and the Tasmanian Devil...it was something along those lines.
Lots of people turned to see what the heck the sound was, Clinton turned and said, "What the heck was that?" and my friend's husband (who was sitting in the same pew as us) leaned across his wife and said, "I don't know if I should say 'Bless you' or perform an exorcism."  Oh dear! 

No comments:

Post a Comment