Monday, July 18, 2011

Day 23: What is this Feeling So Sudden and New?

Aha:
1.  As I was sitting at work today an unidentifiable feeling came over me.  I have no idea what it was, and perhaps it is just the hopeful part of me, but I felt like it had to do with the adoption process.
I felt hopeful.  I felt excited.
Shortly after feeling this, I got an email from my caseworker saying that he had updating some information/pictures I had sent him.  I checked the statistics for our profile tonight and not much had changed, but I just feel like I needed to record this.
This could all very well just be me being hopeful, but hope is such a better feeling than doubt.
2.  In preparing for visiting teaching today with a sister who is very new to the gospel, I felt it important to bring a picture of the temple.  The lesson was on the temple and receiving the blessings therein.  As we began talking about the temple I asked her what she knew about it.  She said not much, she hadn't even seen one!  I couldn't believe it.  I was able to bring out my picture and give it to her to look at while we discussed the wonderful things that can be learned and received by entering the temples of God.  We were able to talk about preparing to go to the temple for the first time and learned that she would like to begin that process right away!  I'm so thankful I followed that prompting!
This was a great testimony builder to me that the Lord is mindful of all of His children and that if we are listening for the Spirit, it will inspire us to do the things we need to do each day.

Ha ha:
Hope you don't mind You-Know-Who-You-Are, but I have to share this incident from today.
I was asked to house sit for a friend of mine while she is away on vacation.  She called to finalize some things and I ended the conversation by saying, "Have a great trip!" to this she replied, "You too."  I kinda chuckled as she sort of awkwardly said goodbye and hung up.
After hanging up I was smiling about her wishes for my non-existent trip.  You know how you do that sometimes?  Someone will say to you something like, "Good luck on your test" and out of habit you say, "you too" even though they aren't taking a test?  Well that's what happened.  But here's the best part, and why I love this girl so much.  Right after hanging up, my phone starts ringing again...
Me:  Hello?
She:  Hey.  I'm so embarrassed.  You know how people do that "you too" thing, well I just did it.  I've never done that before and...I panicked!  I didn't know what to do so I just sorta awkwardly hung up as fast as I could. 
Me:  (laughter)
She:  You know, that skit from Brian Regan? (click here)
Me:  Yes!  I hate it when that happens, but I needed that today!  Thanks for the laugh!
Thanks for the laugh, She-Who-Shall-Remain-Nameless!  Love ya!

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE Brian Regan. I know that skit too well. Take luck! I mean...oh man!

    ReplyDelete