Friday, July 15, 2011

Day 20: Working hard, or Hardly working?

Aha:
1.  I got off work at 2pm today, came home, taught a productive voice lesson and then promptly laid on the couch and took a nap.  My house/neighbors were completely quiet and I could actually think about NOTHING!  I caught myself smiling as I was falling asleep because it felt so good to rest!
2.  Clinton was on call tonight till 9pm (was supposed to only be till 8pm) so I had a lot of alone time.  Peter and I decided to take a walk and the weather was absolutely wonderful!  It was warm, but there was a slightly cool breeze.  We walked on campus and because I wasn't in any sort of hurry (like when I'm getting to or leaving work), I got to actually stop and admire all the beautiful landscaping.  It was quiet there too and very peaceful.  It was nice to be reminded that peace can be found just about anywhere...even at work!
3.  When I picked Clinton up he told me he was really enjoying his rotation (Peds-inpatient).  He said he had to give a presentation during rounds and the attending physician pulled him aside and told him how impressed she was with him!  Her exact words were "very sharp!".  This is the second time he's presented in front of this physician and each time she has pulled him aside and complimented him.  This has been very good for his self-esteem and has provided him encouragement to keep pushing through the program.  I am very proud of him!  It was so cute to watch him tell me about his day, he just had this sly grin and I knew he was proud of himself!

Ha ha:
By the time Clinton got in the car (9pm)  I was absolutely STARVING (I of course use this term loosely seeing as how there are people in this world who actually ARE starving.  I just felt so hungry and that's the best way to describe it).  I told Clinton I wanted Taco Bell.  I think today was/is the last time we go past 7pm.
When we arrived, we were greeted by a couple of America's "finest" citizens "talking" (if you count cursing, mumbling and angry hand gestures as words) in the parking lot.  From what I could gather, one person was fatigued of the other's "girl troubles" and thought the best way to handle it was by stalking and sulking angrily in the local TB parking lot.  We did our best to get inside as quick as possible without making it look too obvious.
Phew!  Now we were inside away from all the crazies, right?...where we could expect nothing less than refinement and class from the well-trained staff of our favorite, south of the border grub hub, right?  Well, not today.  Today, we enjoyed our fresco burritos, cinnamon twists and a #9 combo to the sounds of repeated f-bombs and "What you talkin' about?"s from a disgruntled worker taking his break in the dining area.  I turned and stared at him but instead of getting up and moving his way-too-personal-to-be-that-loud conversation elsewhere, he sprawled out and laid down on the bench instead so he couldn't see me.  Really?  Just cause I can't SEE your mouth, doesn't mean I can't HEAR it.
Clinton and I just kept laughing as the conversation became more and more ridiculous.  When we couldn't take it anymore we filled our diet Pepsi one last time, and made a run for the door.  Oh dear!

No comments:

Post a Comment