Sunday, July 10, 2011

Day 15: Rockin' the Boat

Aha:
Something small but special today.
I have a friend in my ward who's got such a cute little baby boy.  She lets me play with him each week during Sunday School and Relief Society.  The extra special treat is that I also get the pleasure of rocking him to sleep.  Today he put up a fight though and I actually had to get up and walk around the halls.
I knew he was tired but my usual tricks weren't working. 
I stepped into the kitchen where it was a little darker and there was less noise.  I rocked and swayed and could tell he was just almost there.  A brief thought popped into my mind to again try a slight bouncing motion on my next sway.  Instantly his eyes closed and he was OUT.
Some may call that a coincidence, but it was revelation to me, pure and simple.

Ha ha:
Clinton and I were enjoying one of our favorite shows tonight, America's Funniest Home Videos, and came across this clip.
Apparently this couple was babysitting a friend's dog who kept peeing all over their house.  Even after the dog left they kept finding spots they'd previously missed.  Eck.  Anyway, they ended up winning 100,000 dollars for it, so I guess, in the end, the piddeling pup had nothing to be ashamed of after all!

1 comment:

  1. This is such a fun idea for a blog Danielle! I'm so happy to be home from England to start following my friends again.

    ReplyDelete