Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Day 10: "Battles"

Aha: "Battle Against the Clock"
Today really stunk.  Work has been super busy these last two weeks and it seems like it is only getting worse.  I was at work till 7pm and it seems tomorrow will be much of the same.  I cried here and there and then let it out a bit more once I got home.  Clinton was really sweet to me and gave me a hug and told me I'd get through this and then suggested I go eat some ice cream to distract me from my sorrows. :)  I believe him.  I know it already, it's just the "getting through it" that stinks.

Still feeling bummed but knowing I wasn't left to my fight my battles alone, I said a quick prayer asking the Lord to help me recognize His hand in my life today.  As I was reading scriptures with Clinton tonight I came across this passage from Alma.  It's when Helaman is leading the two thousand stripling warriors to battle against the Lamanites...

Alma 56:44-48, 56
44Therefore what say ye, my sons, will ye go against them to battle?
 45And now I say unto you, my beloved brother Moroni, that never had I seen aso great bcourage, nay, not amongst all the Nephites.
 46For as I had ever called them my sons (for they were all of them very young) even so they said unto me: Father, behold our God is with us, and he will anot suffer that we should fall; then let us go forth; we would not slay our brethren if they would let us alone; therefore let us go, lest they should overpower the army of Antipus.
 47Now they never had fought, yet they did not fear death; and they did think more upon the aliberty of their bfathers than they did upon their lives; yea, they had been taught by their cmothers, that if they did not doubt, God would deliver them.
 48And they rehearsed unto me the words of their amothers, saying: We bdo not doubt our mothers knew it.
 56But behold, to my great joy, there had anot one soul of them fallen to the earth; yea, and they had fought as if with the bstrength of God; yea, never were men known to have fought with such miraculous strength; and with such mighty power did they fall upon the Lamanites, that they did frighten them; and for this cause did the Lamanites deliver themselves up as prisoners of war.


I felt like this scripture was exactly for me today.   I too can face my challenges with such courage and faith knowing the Lord is with me and will not let me fall.  I may not have all the answers now, but if I do not doubt the Lord, He will deliver me.  I will conquer my challenges with great strength and will feel great joy when the battle is won!

Ha ha: "Battle of Wits"
My coworker directed a phone call to one of our physician's offices today and it bounced out to me when it went unanswered in their office.  She hung up before I could answer...
Me:  (in a teasing tone) Hey, you hung up on me.
She:  I just love calling you.
Me:  Awww.
She:  I just love to hear your phone ring. 
Me:  You just love to hear my lovely voice on the phone.
She:  No, that's why I hung up before you answered.
(snub)

No comments:

Post a Comment