Monday, July 25, 2011

Day 30(!): Nearly Silent Moments

Aha:
As promised, I tried to be better about remembering the covenants I have made and to reflect on the Atonement.  Nothing miraculous or especially spiritual happened, but as I was walking Peter home tonight on a perfect summer evening, with lightening bugs flying all around and a slight breeze cooling the air, I took a moment to think about Jesus.  In fact, I kept thinking about what from my day I could blog about until it occurred to me that this experience was special enough.  I had thought about Jesus today several times and made a conscious effort to think about my covenants to always remember Him, keep His commandments, and take His name upon me.  This moment was very quiet and very peaceful.  It was like everything went quiet around me so I could just think.  Even though this particular moment lasted all of a few minutes, it was still enough time for me to picture him praying for me and to feel his love for me.
I would highly recommend this to anyone who may need a little spiritual boost.

Ha ha:
Someone at work farted today while I was talking with them.  They acted like nothing had happened, but the subtle squeak was audible enough for me to question...that is, until the smell crept in.  Then I knew for sure.  They never claimed it.

1 comment:

  1. Wow! Great job blogging everyday for 30 days! That's quite the accomplishment. I loved your "aha." We had a lot of talks at church on Sunday about turning things off so you have time to think and feel the spirit. A walk is perfect for turning things off and getting out of the house. And I loved your "ha!" So funny! And so stinky...

    ReplyDelete