Sunday, July 24, 2011

Day 29: Eye Will Not Forget

Aha:
One thing that's nice about blogging an "aha" on a Sunday, is that they are usually a little easier to notice.  Today in Sunday School, the topic was the Sacrament.  We discussed the usual things like, what do the bread and water represent, what is an ordinance and what do we promise to do and what blessing do we receive for doing so?  I think most of us know the answers to these (let me know if you don't and I'd be happy to discuss them) but one passing/closing comment by the teacher struck me a bit.  He said,     
     "The Sacrament means nothing if we don't desire to have His spirit with us.  If we desire to have His   spirit with us, then we will find ourselves working extra hard to keep our baptismal covenants (always remember Him, keep His commandments, and take His name upon us).  I know there are weeks when my desire for the spirit is probably not what it should be, but I know that I can't succeed in doing what I need to if I don't have the spirit with me.  I'm going to try harder to remember the Atonement this week and not just think of it on Sunday, but I'm going to do my best to think of it even on Wednesday."
I realize he wasn't just saying he'd think of the Sacrament on Sunday and Wednesday, but keep it at the front of his mind each day this week.  This was definitely an "aha" for me and I'm going to blog about it this week.  I'm going to watch for "aha" moments that relate to the Savior specifically and what the Atonement means in my life.  I have no idea how this will all go, but I'm throwing this out there anyway.

Ha ha:
Clinton and I were invited over to a family's house for dinner.  The husband of this family is also blind in one eye and wears a prosthetic lens (small world, eh?).  It is crazy to be able to talk so candidly to someone who truly can relate!  We've shared stories about the many funny instances with our eyes, how our accidents happened, how many pranks we've played on others, and how many accidents we still have from our lack of depth-perception.  In fact, just tonight, Clinton and I were sitting on the couch waiting for dinner to start when Matt (my one-eyed, prosthetic-sportin', depth-perception-lacking buddy) came around the corner and rammed his shoulder into it.  He stopped what he was doing, turned to me and said, "Oh, that was in honor of you."  I laughed out loud.  It totally made my day!

No comments:

Post a Comment