Monday, July 4, 2011

Day 8: Look and Learn

Aha:
In Sacrament meeting I was sitting in front of a couple in our ward with a near one-year-old little girl.  While the bread and water were being passed I could hear her mom reading a picture book to her.  She was saying things like, "Here is Jesus being baptized", "He died for you" all things that I would expect to hear a mom say to her child during Sacrament, but then she started asking her things like, "Where is Jesus' nose?" "Where are His eyes?" "Where's His hair" "Can you give Jesus a kiss?" 

As I sat there listening to this interaction between mother and daughter I began thinking to myself, how often do I think about Jesus on a more personal level?  How often do I visualize what He has done for me?  Am I be able to recognize him and "see" him clearly in my life?  How often do I "give Jesus a kiss"? 

This was probably one of the best Sacrament meetings I've sat in in quite a while.  I closed my eyes and saw his hair, his eyes, his nose, and a feeling of warmth came over me and I pictured what it would be like to kiss His cheek.  I was able to really see the Savior and feel his love for me in a very real way. 

I think it is easy to think about what Jesus did for us, but how often do we SEE the man behind the miracles?  Seeing him in such an innocent, childlike way really made what I already know he did for me very real and personal because I could actually see the love He has for me in His eyes.

Ha ha:
The choir sang in church yesterday for prelude and then again before testimonies.  There was hardly anyone at church for our prelude number but most of the ward was there by the time testimonies rolled around.  Anyway, I mention the ward's attendance because everyone and their mom was there to see me and my embarrassing moment. 

As the choir was getting onto the stand (place at the front of the chapel where the podium and bishopric sit) to sing, I had to pull the music stand up over the little partition and down onto the floor where I was standing.  I did not notice however that there was a hymn book on the music stand so I quickly lifted the music stand over the partition the hymn book went flying!  I ducked cause I couldn't tell where it went but luckily, Clinton saw it happening and caught the book a few feet away.  I turned to the congregation and apologized, but I didn't get any flack for it because the musical number was "More Holiness Give Me" so people had to just let it go if they wanted to be more holy.  I guess the jokes on them!

No comments:

Post a Comment