Thursday, July 14, 2011

Day 19: Fruit Basket Case

Aha:
I was asked to set up the computer and projector at work for a meeting, last minute.  It was no big deal because I do it at least once a week.
This set up was not typical though.  Not only was I having to set things up after the meeting had already started (so there was no time to be looking like an incompetent fool), but also because a different laptop was being used and the flash drive they tossed at me to insert was not registering.  The "usual-me" would have started to panic and then gone to go get help, but the "blessed-me" was blessed with a quick thought of inspiration and I knew just what to install and where to click to resolve the problem.
The meeting attendees (about 12 people) were able to continue uninterrupted with their meeting and were all thankful for my skills with the computer equipment.  I, on the other hand, was thankful for a loving and merciful Heavenly Father who helped me stay calm in moment of crisis and gave me the answers I needed, right when I needed them.

Ha ha:
I happened to pass by two women having a conversation in the hallway at work.  One was dressed in black pants and a white shirt (who will now be referenced as "White"), and the other was dressed in tan pants and a pink shirt (and will now be referenced as "Pink").  Here's how the conversation went...
White:  That's a pretty top.
Pink:  Oh, thank you!  I thought it was red until I held it up to another red shirt this morning and realized just how pink it was!
White:  It's a great pink!  It's watermelon!
Pink:  Watermelon, huh?  I like that.

If you don't get why this is moderately funny just answer this...You ever seen a pink watermelon?  When did a red watermelon become a pink color?

No comments:

Post a Comment