Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Day 25: Keep it Down as You Pass the Popcorn

Aha:
Tonight was the first night in a LONG time that I haven't had a voice student/hair appointment/errands or any other responsibilities taking up my already-too-short evenings.  I got to come home and enjoy QUIET (and guilt-free to boot)! 
As I was enjoying my evening I took a moment to check my emails and remembered there was a sister in the ward who was moving and needed help today.  I knew the Lord was talking to me and I'm trying my best to listen.  I called her up, put on some moving clothes and stepped outside into the 110 degree weather to walk over to her place.
I realize I could have ignored that prompting to help.  I know I could have rationalized that this night was a FREE night and I should revel in it (perhaps it was "free" for this reason?).  There were several reasons I could have come up with to not go, but there was one major reason why I should and why I did:  it is what the Lord expects of me.  Plus, there's the added bonus of strengthening my friendships with those around me.  It felt good to help someone and I'll never regret that feeling!

Ha ha:
The following is a "conversation" between Clinton and I as he was in bed ready to go to sleep and I was in bed getting ready to work on my blog.
He:  Can you turn the light off?
Me: Yah, just a minute.
He:  (sarcastically) Turn that off now, thanks.
(sound of me opening my laptop...I didn't know it made a sound either)
He:  Turn that off too.
Me:  (laughing) No.
He:  Quiet with that mouse moving.
Me:  I'm not using a mouse.
He:  Quiet with that finger tapping.
Me:  (laughs and continues to quietly type)
He:  Shh.
Me:  (halfway through typing the above)
He:  Shh.

What a pill!

No comments:

Post a Comment