Saturday, July 23, 2011

Day 28: I'd Like an Order of Fresh Fruit and Vegetables, Hold the Ash

Aha:
1.  As I was getting ready to pull out of the driveway on one errand, I remembered that I had something I needed to return and was able to run inside and get it before leaving!  Saved me an extra trip!
2.  When I got to the store to exchange my item it appeared that there were no more available.  I searched through the racks and just happened to find THE LAST one available!
3.  Even though I had forgotten my iPod at home (which has all my reminders/appointments in it) I remembered that the peach truck (brings peaches from Georgia and they are UNBELIEVABLE) was going to be in town.  Even better, I remembered early enough so we could arrive early and not have to wait in line as long!  And even better still, the peach truck doesn't accept visa/debit, but I just happened to have cash on me (which I never do)!
4.  While I waited in the peach line, Clinton went inside the store.  I had forgotten my cell phone and had no way to get a hold of him to tell him when I had bought our (very heavy) case of peaches and some fresh-picked blueberries and was ready for his brute strength to carry this stuff to our car.  As I began to feel helpless seeing how far away from the store I was and how far I'd have to carry these boxes, there he was, just coming around the corner!  The timing couldn't have been better!
Ha ha:
Clinton and I went to the Farmer's Market today to get out and enjoy the fresh air as well as find a few good buys.  As we were strolling through the stands, I noticed something that caught both my attention and my surprise.  One vendor was smoking a cigarette over the vegetables he was selling!  That's not the most shocking part though...people were still buying from him...ashes and all! 
Um...nothing says fresh and organic like cigarettes, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment