Monday, October 1, 2012

Day 2: It's All Going to be OK

Aha:
I got an encouraging text from my brother today letting me know that I'm in his prayers.  It really touched me and made me feel very loved.
Thanks, David!

Ha ha:
Clinton had another night terror last night.  I could almost sense it coming, what with residency applications and interviews coming up, as well as the start of a new rotation he'd really rather not do.
Just after falling asleep...
He:  Aahh! (Jumps out of bed and turns on the lights)
Me:  (Having dealt with MANY of these, I quickly reply) It's OK Honey.  You're just having a dream, turn off the light and come back to bed.
He:  No.  There was something crawling on me.
Me:  No, it was just a dream.  Nothing's on you.
He:  I know it was real cause I wasn't asleep yet.
Me:  Well, I'm sure you're dreaming.  What was it?
He:  (Starting to sorta come out of it) It was...like this...it was...it was this giant worm thing.
Me:  Yah, you were dreaming.  It's OK.  Just go back to sleep.
Poor boy!

1 comment: