Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Day 31: Relationships: Parents & Food

Aha:
Question #3: Describe your relationship with your parents.
Despite the physical distance, I would say my parents and I are pretty close.  I would also say that living away from them has actually made our relationship stronger.
When I was younger I was extremely attached to my mom; I could barely even spend the night at a friend's house because I got too homesick.  I even worried that I'd be too homesick once I got married!  As I got to dating-age I began to pull away cause I didn't want to have to explain every detail of my close-to-non-existent dating life.  And then when I was engaged, I wanted to hold on to every moment and pulled even further away.  It really wasn't until we moved for med school that I really realized how much I missed and needed my mom.  Now I call her for everything and spare no details.  I am so thankful for her and I love her very much.
My relationship with my dad is one that has truly become more since growing up, moving out and moving away.  I've always been more of a momma's girl, but since she's not close by anymore and rarely has her phone on ( ;) ), I've come to rely on my dad lots more.  I have always turned to him when I have questions about how to handle a situation in life, or questions about the gospel, but I have come to lean on him much more for emotional support too.  I believe he's seeing me more as a grown-up and I'm seeing him more as my daddy.

Ha ha:
Well, I guess you could say I'm making progress.  After eating four hot dogs, a sweet potato, a bag of crackers for dinner and a Milky Way for dessert--I got off my butt and did some squats, lunges, crunches, oblique twists and back bends.  It was only for about 30 minutes, if that, but now my legs feel like jello...Mmmm...jel-lo.

No comments:

Post a Comment