Saturday, October 27, 2012

Day 25: Mom and Dad Visit the Fair

Aha:
I was on a blogging hiatus when my parents came to Milwaukee for a visit.  Since I've neglected to blog for the last four days, my next few posts will be comprised of pictures from their visit.  We absolutely loved having them here.  It was so nice to say, "Hey M&D, let's go..." and actually be able to.  I'm thankful to have the parents I do and I'm thankful I'll be living much closer in about 7 months. :)
Below are our pics from the Wisconsin State Fair (1st day):
Since both Mom and Clinton aren't privy to amusement park rides, Dad and I thought we'd have a go on the Stratosphere: 150 feet up and spins around.  We could probably see for about 3 miles.  It was awesome!
 Getting ready to go!
 Mid flight, having a blast

Wisconsin State Fair offers all sorts of specialty "delicacies" that we knew my parents needed to try.  We had ginormous Original Creme Puffs, Wisconsin Philly Cheesesteak Sandwiches (Mom/Clinton), Greek food (Dad), a 12 inch hot dog (me), lots of fudge and not-so-fresh-squeezed lemonade.  We were totally stuffed by the end of the night, but what fun we had!  We visited the 4H houses and oo-ed and aw-ed at all of the beautiful animals.  We perused the vendor's pavilion and found a couple of sweet deals on sheets and candy (thanks for those chocolate covered almonds, Mom!)
After a (ahem) fair bit of walking, we decided we were faired out and all thought it was worth the $2 tickets to catch the 10-minute chair lift back to the other end of the fair grounds to head home.  There were just throngs of people!
Somehow, we still managed to take a snapshot of just the two of us. :)
What a fun day!
Ha ha:
While my dad and I were waiting in line for our 90 second ride on the $5/each Stratosphere, I noticed this placard.

No comments:

Post a Comment