Sunday, October 14, 2012

Day 13: Tears (Almost) All Around

Aha:
Friday was my coworker's last day.  She and I have worked together for 2.5 years and during that time built a wonderful friendship.  I was her yin and she, my yang.  We've been through a lot together, especially recently with some changes in management, so I'm sad to know I won't get to see her as often.  I'm so thankful for her example of generosity and compassion and hope that some of those attributes have rubbed off on me over our time working together.  What a blessing she's been to me--I miss you already Lissa!
(P.S. I know the above sounds like a eulogy, but trust me, she's still alive and kickin'.  So happy for her and that's she's moved on to a better place...at the Oconomowoc Library!) :)

Ha ha:
Friday was also one of our fellows last day.  When she came to give me a hug goodbye I thought she was tearing up a bit, so I started to tear up too (I was already sad about Lissa leaving, but I am also such a boob!).  When we pulled out of our hug, she looked up at me, with no tears in her eyes, and said, "Are you OK?"
Realizing I was alone in my emotions, I cleared my throat and with a look of *of course* on my face, said, "Uh-huh."
I have really got to get this crying-so-easily thing under control!

1 comment:

  1. I'm with ya, Danielle! I'm a crier. I cry at everything.

    ReplyDelete