Sunday, October 7, 2012

Day 7: Feeling Re-Freshed (Sung to the Subway Jingle)

Aha:
I tell ya, I love President Uchtdorf!  He seems to write his talks specifically for me.  His talk hasn't yet been printed online, so this is from watching and pausing the video online, but as soon as it's published I'll get more of these wonderfully uplifting spiritual nuggets put on my blog.  Here is quick quote from yesterday's talk titled "Of Regrets and Resolutions".

"Another regret of those who knew they were dying: they wished they had let themselves been happier.  So often we get caught up in the illusion that there is something just beyond our reach that would bring us happiness.  A better family situation.  A better financial situation.  Or the end of a challenging trial.  The older we get the more we look back and realize that external circumstances don't really matter or determine our happiness--WE do matter.  WE do determine our own happiness.  You and I are ultimately in charge of our happiness."

Ha ha:
Clinton and I stopped at Subway for dinner last night and ran into our friends, Matt & Kim.  We walked up to them and said hello.  Kim turned to us and said, "I was just saying to Matt, 'I wonder if we'll see the Logans here tonight'.  And look, here you are!"
Yah, we're that much of regulars.

No comments:

Post a Comment