Monday, October 15, 2012

Day 16: "I Feel Like Barfing", she said. "Yah, Me Too", he replied.

Aha:
About 2 hours into my work day I started to feel really dizzy and nauseous.  I have no idea where it came from and there was no warning.  But there are blessings amongst this madness.
First off, Clinton had just finished his 36-hour call and was available (and awake enough) to come pick me up so I didn't have to walk home.  (Plus I was able to take home my crockpot that's been sitting at work since Wed of last week!)
Secondly, Clinton was so sweet to me and helped me get more comfortable at home.  He brought me my pillow, a blanket, a drink, and even set up my computer so I could watch more episodes of Downton Abbey while I was sick on the couch.  Thank you Honey!
Thirdly, even though I was not well, being sick meant I wasn't at work and not being at work meant that I got to make up for the lost time I missed with Clinton yesterday (even if that making-up consisted of me curled up on the couch feeling like I was dying).
My body felt like crap, but my heart felt wonderful.

Ha ha:
For those of you who don't know, one of my biggest worries is having someone smell my breath if ever it is bad.  So, with that, it is with a bit of hesitation I share the following.
As mentioned above, I have not felt well today.  Not feeling well equals not-feeling-well types of foods, ya know, the starchy kind that make your breath smell like the bile you've been holding back all day.  Well, needless to say, after our dinner of grilled cheese sandwiches and tomato soup, Clinton and I were sitting on the couch watching some Antiques Roadshow.  He'd make a comment and I would reply.  I noticed that each time after I'd speak Clinton would make a quick sniffing sound.  After a little while of this he eventually sniffed and then asked, "Did you just let one go?" (aka, fart).  I'd told him "no" and then continued watching the show.  This sniff,-did-you-let-one-go series went on for about 20 minutes until Clinton finally said, "Honey, I think it's your breath."
Indeed it was.
I of course felt pretty embarrassed but fortunately for me (and him) this is not a conversation we typically have, so I guess that makes it OK...LOL.

No comments:

Post a Comment