Sunday, October 21, 2012

Day 22: It Takes Guts

Aha:
Our ward had the Primary Program during Sacrament Meeting today.  If you've never seen one of these, you have truly missed out.  It's a chance for all of the three- to 11-year-old kids to share special scriptures or talks and to sing primary songs for the whole congregation.  Not only is it a treat to watch all of their smiling faces and adorable waves to their parents, it is so fun to see the adoring looks on all of the parents' faces.
What a wonderful, uplifting experience it was to hear the sweet and simple testimonies of these little children!

Ha ha:
I have a bit of a confession to make.  Last night while Clinton was on call I needed a little something to do to pass the time, so I called my sister-in-law and asked if I'd be too scared to watch the TV series, The Walking Dead.  She said, "It's pretty graphic I guess, but you eventually become desensitized to it."  Naturally, I thought "OK, sign me up!"
4 episodes and 4 hours later, I decided I should probably get to bed.
All I dreamt about last night was zombies.  Nothing really scary or anything, but I couldn't stop thinking about it.  I woke up and wanted to watch more but I wanted to also keep the Sabbath Day a little more holy than human-eating zombies and zombie slayers could offer.  I am proud to say I resisted!
I guess the wait will make tomorrow's episodes all the more exciting!
Thanks Jen.

No comments:

Post a Comment