Thursday, May 31, 2012

Day 341: Unexpected

Aha:
Working in a children's hospital I see a lot of families in sad situations.  As I was walking down the hallway today I saw a family approaching with a handicapped teenage girl in a wheelchair.  She seemed to either have cerebral palsy or some other form of physical handicap because her arms were pulled up at an unusual angle and her neck was craned to the side.  From a distance, my heart broke a little seeing her "stuck" in her position, but as she was wheeled closer I noticed her bright, blue eyes and the huge smile she wore on her happy face - and it made me smile.
I have no idea her mental capacity, but if anything she knows to be happy regardless of whatever limits, setbacks or hard times she may have in life.  What a sweet glimpse into "why we're here" - it was unexpected but will not be soon forgotten!

Ha ha:
Peter was laying on the couch as I was getting ready to walk out the door for work this morning.  Before I left, I walked over to give him some loves.  I bent down, stroked his fur and told him to have a good day.  I asked him to give me kisses (usually a fast lick on the tip of my nose).  He turned his head away.  I asked him again.  This time he looked me right in the face, leaned in and burped.  Not exactly what I was expecting, but I guess in a pinch it'd have to do. Ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment