Thursday, May 17, 2012

Day 327: Catch Up & Ketchup

Aha:
I got a sweet little surprise visit today from my friend Emily and her daughter Elise.  They were out for a walk and decided to stop by for a chat.  It was so much fun!  Elise was literally laughing out loud playing with Peter, and Emily and I got to catch up.
It was so nice to know I was being thought of!  Thanks Emily!  Please do come again! :)

Ha Ha:
Every day for lunch I have a huge salad and 2 grilled-cheese sandwiches with ketchup, and every day someone mentions how good my lunch smells.  But Danielle, how is it that you are able to enjoy fresh grilled-cheese from the comfort of your desk?  Glad you asked; I keep a sandwich maker under my desk.  I know.  I know.  It's quirky and a weirdo-type thing to do, but once you smell and taste how delicious my sandwiches are, you'll go from thinking "that's weird" to "I wish I had one too".
Anyway, today was much like any other day, one of the docs came out and commented on how delectable it smelled in the room.  I told her it was my sandwiches and she asked why they smelled so good.
Me:  Because I have a sandwich maker under my desk and I make them fresh.  I know.  It's weird, but whatever.
She:  (dons a questioning look)  Huh.  Yes.  But what is more, I can't tell if you're being serious.
Me:  (reaching under my desk and pulling out the sandwich maker)  I'm being very serious.  See?
She:  (cocks her head side-to-side)  Ok.  (walks away)
Ha ha ha!

1 comment:

  1. Brilliant idea to have a sandwich maker! It's a small appliance and makes lunch soooo much better! That sounds delicious!

    ReplyDelete