Monday, May 21, 2012

Day 330: Money Makes My Honey Funny

Aha:
Clinton gave a fantastic talk in church on Sunday about tithing.  He's a very good public speaker and he always has the audience's full attention.
He shared an experience from when we were first married and had very little money but always paid our tithing regardless.  We were living in Canada and Clinton was working at a job that paid basically what we needed each month and nothing more.  Clinton has always been very diligent about watching our account and could explain all deposits and withdrawals therein.   At one point we needed to have some work done on our car but knew we were going to be about $200 short.  By the time the repairs were made, Clinton checked our account to plan for repayment and discovered we had exactly $200 extra in our account.  He looked back through our statements to see where the extra money had come from but could never find a difference--no additional deposits were made and there had been no raise in his income--it was as if the money had been there all along.  We attribute/d this monetary miracle as a blessing for paying our tithing.
Writing a check for 10% of one's income each month may seem like a burden at times, but I honestly feel like I can't afford to NOT pay my tithing.  We have been so richly blessed (financially, emotionally, physically, spiritually, etc.) from obeying this commandment and I'm thankful for it each day!

Ha ha:
During Clinton's talk, when he'd finished explaining how he couldn't locate where the extra $200 had come from, he said, "Now, maybe I was just mistaken, though I believe my wife will be the first to admit I'm practically perfect and I could not have erred--but then again, maybe not--we chose to see this as a blessing for paying our tithing."
Naturally, everyone laughed...and then turned to see my reaction.  Needless to say, I was shaking my head back-and-forth at him...and also laughing.  What a funny boy. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment