Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Day 339: Let Me Make This Very Clear

Aha:
I just saw on a friend's FB page that she lost her fiance--in the military--about a month before their wedding.  A couple months ago, my sister-in-law shared a link on her blog about a friend of her's who lost her husband and child in a boating accident on her birthday.  Both of these women spoke of the love they had for their loved ones and how much they look forward to the day they'll be reunited.  They are strong and filled with faith.  Neither of them said they had any regrets with their relationships, only that they could hold them again.
Well, especially after reading the above posts, I feel so very blessed to have my sweetheart still with me (though he is on call tonight and perhaps that's why I'm feeling a bit sappy).  I just wanted to take a quick second and dedicate a couple moments to my H.B.
Clinton, I love you!  You make me laugh every day, just like you promised you'd do when you proposed.  You are the happiest person I know.  Thank you for being patient with me and for helping me learn how to relax more and accept things as they come.  You are so smart!  I am so proud of you for all of your academic endeavors.  You amaze me with everything you know...and surprise me with some of the things you don't - ha!  You are kind, thoughtful and very giving.  Thank you for your wonderful acts of charity.  I love you more and more each day!  You are a wonderful man and I thank God you are mine.
Love you, love you, love you!

Ha ha:
The other day at work I was in the kitchen getting some hot water from the hot water tap on the coffee machine.  A lady came in and began to rinse her coffee mug out in the sink next to me.  As she was doing this she looked inside the cup, up at me and then back at the sink and said, "I don't think it'll kill me.", smiled and then walked out of the room as I was saying, "I'm sure it won't."
I thought to myself, she must be referring to the fact that she didn't wash her cup--only rinsed it.  And then I thought, If people are going to share a thought out loud they really should complete it, she could have been pleading for help and I just thought she was talking about her dish!

1 comment: