Monday, June 4, 2012

Day 342: Feeling Pissed (Don't Worry Mom, It's a Pun)

Aha:
I recently acquired my grandma's wedding ring.  It is absolutely beautiful but when I tried it on it was a bit too big.  Long story short, I took it to Zales to get sized and the lady who "helped"me didn't know what she was talking about, tried to upsell me into buying rhodium plating (an extra $40) and mistyped the size I needed.  At first, I agreed to the extra $40 for "redipping" my ring, and then as soon as I said it I felt a sinking feeling in my stomach and said, "I change my mind.  Please just resize the ring."  Fortunately, I didn't buy the extra rhodium plating and I caught the error in ring size.
When I went to pick up my ring I noticed it was exceptionally shiny.  I asked the salesclerk (different person than "assisted" me originally) if the ring had been rhodium plated.  He said, "Yep.  It's standard procedure for all re-sized rings."
I couldn't believe it!  I would have been out 40 bucks and totally duped!  I'm so thankful I paid attention to that sinking feeling.  Now, I get to proudly wear my grandma's beautiful ring each day.  My always-giving grandma seems to still be blessing me financially, even beyond the grave.  Thanks, Grandma!

Ha ha:
It took Clinton a bit of coaxing to read scriptures on Friday night; he had to be to work really early the next day and just wanted to go to sleep.  At any rate, I got him to read, but I don't know that there was much "enlightenment" had for either of us.  Here's how it went...
He:  1 Sam 25:22
So and more also do God unto the enemies of David, if I leave of all that pertain to him by the morning light aany that pisseth against the wall.
2 Kings 9:9
For the whole house of aAhab shall perish: and I will cut off from Ahab him that pisseth against the wall, and him that is shut up and left in Israel:
Me:  Alright.  I get it already.
He:  1 Kings 14:10
Therefore, behold, I will bring evil upon the house ofaJeroboam, and will cut off from Jeroboam him that pisseth against the wall, and him that is shut up and left in Israel, and will btake away the remnant of the house of cJeroboam, as a man taketh away dung, till it be all gone.
I'll spare you the other 3 scriptures he shared, but I'll assume you have caught the pattern of his readings.  Needless to say, he'd chuckle after each accented "pisseth".  To be honest, I was quite surprised; Clinton can't even say "ass" when it's referring to a donkey in the scriptures.  Ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment