Sunday, May 6, 2012

Day 313: Temple Trip and Marji's Quip

Aha:
I had a GREAT day today.  My previous visiting teaching companion (for the last 2.5 years!), along with our friend's home teacher and I, took our friend to the temple for her first time!  She was able to have baptisms and confirmations performed for her mother and pappy (two very important people in her life).  She is 81 years old and did the baptism for her mother and five other people herself...she was a real trooper!
It was so wonderful being a part of this special day for her!  Each time one of the baptisms or confirmations was done for her family she would bounce up and down a little in her seat, smile a great big grin and say, "Amen, amen, amen!"
I'm smiling just thinking about it.  Thank you Marji, for helping me feel the excitement and pure joy that comes from being in the House of the Lord!  What a sweet day!
(L-R: Brad Roberts, Marji West, Me, Melanie Jackman)
Ha ha:
On our drive down to the temple, I asked Marji a question, but I prefaced it with, "This may be a dumb question but...".  She quickly replied, "Danielle, the only dumb questions are the ones you already know the answer to.  Your's is not a dumb question."
Anyway, a few minutes later, Mel asked her a question to which Marji thought she should/could have already known the answer.  Before responding, Marji turned to me and asked, "Now, Danielle what kind of question is that?"
"A dumb question!"
Marji did this high pitched, squealy sort of laugh, and we all started laughing.  She is such a tease!

No comments:

Post a Comment