Monday, August 1, 2011

Day 37: Head in the Clouds

Aha:
I have had a chronic headache for about four or five days now, but today at work, it was especially beastly.  I kept praying for help to make it through the workday but I knew I couldn't just go home and rest after work either.  I had two different appointments and was, sadly, not looking forward to either of them (only cause I didn't feel well, I usually enjoy them).  However, my day turned out quite well and here's how I recognized the Lord's hand in my life today:
1.  I made it through work without any major errors!
2.  One of my appointments told me they needed to reschedule to another day this week.
3.  My second appointment sent me a text about an hour after that saying she needed to reschedule as well (meaning my evening opened up to me being free to rest!!)
4.  When I got home I laid on the floor in front of the air conditioner long enough to cool off before getting up to make some dinner.  As I was begrudging the idea, I got a call from Clinton telling me he was on his way home and picking up some dinner!
5.  Clinton rubbed my shoulders for about 10 minutes and my headache has started to subside!!!!
Although I don't yet feel 100%, I definitely feel very blessed!

Ha ha:
Two embarrassing moments...
1.  Yesterday in church I was dealing with being FREEZING cold in the chapel and headache.  Why do I give this background?  Because as I was only able to listen to the lesson half way while the other half was extremely distracted.  A scripture was read in Acts about the people in the temple being "pricked in their hearts".  The teacher asked what that meant and while everyone else was responded "they felt the spirit" "they knew the truth", I responded "they were upset".  Clinton elbowed me laughing and the girl in front of me turned and laughed.  I felt like a major fool!
2.  Leaving the corporate center today I had to walk across a small construction bridge.  I was being closely followed by another woman.  As I was crossing the bridge, I totally tripped right in front of her.  She didn't say anything, but if our roles had been reversed, I don't know that I would have been able to stop myself from laughing out loud!  Oh, dear!

1 comment:

  1. I hope your headache clears up Dani! Headaches are the worst. I'm glad you were able to make it through your work day and get some rest. I love your funny stories. You and Clinton are a perfect couple.

    ReplyDelete