Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Day 45: Dictators and Diction

Aha:
There is someone that I work with that really intimidates me.  They rarely make eye contact but when they do, it's usually because they are staring me down to show how disappointed in me they are...not that they have a reason, they just aren't very easy to please.  Needless to say, I don't feel comfortable around them.
Today...I got eye contact.  My abilities to keep an accurate calendar were being questioned.  Instead of absolutely freaking-out on the outside, I stayed very calm and said, "Let me look through my notes to see why things were done the way they were and I'll get back to you."  I quickly pulled my info together (I was in no wrong, btw), conferred with one of the other people who helped create the calendar and returned with answers/solutions to The Intimidator.  They were quite responsive to my thoughts/reasoning and I didn't end up getting "pulled into their office".  Woohoo! 
I definitely felt the help of the Lord today to stay calm, find my notes for referencing and then presenting my information to The Intimidator.  This could have gone so badly but instead, it went oh-so-well! :)

Ha ha:
As I was coming back to my desk from the above-mentioned situation, I was apparently still a wee-bit flustered.  One of the girls from another office was sitting in my desk chair and started to say she was leaving as I approached.  I tried telling her that she could just take Lissa's (sounds like Melissa, but without the Me) chair since she was out of the office, but that would have been too easy.  Instead, I said, "You can have Leeza's sheet...Lisha's share...Take Liza's seat...Oh my gosh...Lissa's sare...never mind!  You. can. take. Lissa's. chair."  I started to laugh but she turned to me, with a concerned look on her face, and with a somewhat monotone voice said, "Wow.  You really are having problems."  I laughed so hard!

No comments:

Post a Comment