Monday, August 15, 2011

Day 51: S"pun" Around Like a Record, Baby

Aha:
1.  Both of my students had to cancel their lessons tonight which gave me an entire evening to get some things done that I would not have had time to do otherwise.
2.  I took Peter for a walk and had a chance to enjoy the quiet, peaceful evening.  I found that as I was walking a particular song from my youth kept playing through my mind like a broken record,
"Choose you this day, whom ye will serve, but as for me and my house we will serve the Lord.  I'm accountable for everything I do.  I'm accountable for all that I pursue.  For I have the right to choose, to take or to refuse.  I'm happy when I choose to serve the Lord."
In such a quiet moment the words really sank into my mind and heart.  I felt like they were brought to my memory for a reason; giving me an opportunity to further reflect on my dedication to the Lord and to strengthen my resolve to choose the right.


Ha ha:
I couldn't think of anything funny from today and neither could Clinton, so I'm going to post a punny joke instead.
"There was a man who entered a local paper's pun contest. He sent in ten different puns, in the hope that at least one of the puns would win. Unfortunately, no pun in ten did."
Ha!  We love a good pun!

2 comments: