Friday, August 5, 2011

Day 41: Guardian Angels

Aha:
I am amazed at the power of conversion.  I visit teach a sister in my ward who has had a rough life.  She has been hurt by her own family and suffers many physical pains as well.  I mention this because as my companion and I were visiting with her today we had the opportunity to talk to her about the healing power of the Atonement.  I shared with her one of my favorite quotes from the prophet, Joseph Smith (which also happened to be from the lesson):
     "Speaking to the Female Relief Society of Nauvoo, the Prophet Joseph emphasized holiness, explaining that as sisters became pure and holy, they would have a marked influence upon the world. He explained: “Meekness, love, purity—these are the things that should magnify you. … This Society … shall have power to command queens in their midst. … The kings and queens of the earth will come unto Zion, and pay their respects.” Relief Society sisters living their covenants command the respect not only of noble people, but “if you live up to your privileges,” Joseph promised the sisters, “the angels cannot be restrained from being your associates."
The Spirit was there and she felt comforted to know she was not alone and that help would be there whenever she needed it.  The Lord knows her pains and will help her overcome/bear all things.
This all came out of my mouth, the words meant for her...but I knew they were reminders for me too.

Ha ha:
Clinton and I were playing fetch with Peter in our living room.  Clinton kept throwing the ball (instead of rolling it) as he was saying "here it comes", giving me no time to prepare...it would hit me in the head or the chest every time.  I got rather tired of this, so I waited for the prime time when he was looking away and I could "get him back". 
The moment arrived and just as I was arching the ball I shouted, "Here it comes!"  He turned and looked at me just as the ball landed right on his bal...crot...nard...his...his...no-no-private-zone.  FORTUNATELY (for both of us) the impact was reduced by the way he happened to be sitting, so no damage done.  However, the whole situation was hilarious because, first of all, I have terrible aim (I was aiming for his chest) and secondly, the way it landed just so resolutely (with a muffled "plopping" sound) on his "lap" was priceless!
I shouldn't be laughing, but it was just perfect!

No comments:

Post a Comment