Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Day 52: My Dream of Being a Professional Iceskater Will Not be Happening Any Time Soon

Aha:
It is rare to work in a place that is cheerful and positive.  I realized today just how much the Lord had a hand in placing me in my current position.  He knows what I need and I feel very blessed to see that!  I have been blessed with great coworkers.  Even after what I did to one of them today (see below) they still love me! 

Ha ha:
At some point this afternoon I heard my coworkers mention Tonya Harding and Nancy Kerrigan.  I came around the corner and asked if I'd ever shown them my Nancy Kerrigan impression.  They said no, so after I had their full attention I proceeded to perform an on-land triple lutz.  My arms and body bounded across the office floor so gracefully, but as I was about to stick my landing, my arms made contact with the 9"x13" cake pan on the counter in front of my coworker's desk.  In a matter of seconds, all the cheerful, entertained faces of my coworkers turned into ones of fear as they realized the pan was now flying.  There was no time to prevent the catastrophe, and my impression of Nancy Kerrigan soon turned into Tonya Harding as the cake pan flew on to my coworker's desk, knocking over her water bottle and spilling cake and water all over her pants!
Oh man!  I was so embarrassed but we were all laughing too hard over the shock of it all to really think about that.  I think one of the funniest things about it was that EVERYONE saw it cause I made sure I had their attention before my "performance".  No hiding that one!  I have been laughing about it all afternoon.  When I told Clinton about it I was laughing so hard it took me about 5 minutes to get it all out!

1 comment:

  1. No worries Danielle, I needed a 2nd shower for the day anyway :) And by the way, I'd call your move a tripple-klutz instead of a triple-lutz!

    And, I agree 100% with your Aha - thanks for making work so entertaining and fun!

    ReplyDelete