Thursday, August 4, 2011

Day 40: "Ear"y Situation

Aha:
Question:  How did I recognize the Lord's hand in my life today?  Answer:  I didn't chew or swallow. (see below)

Ha ha:
I can laugh about this now, and to be honest, I laughed about it when it happened, but mostly out of pure shock!
Last night before going to bed, I poured myself a tall glass of lemonade and was drinking it with a straw.  I got distracted and ended up brushing my teeth before finishing, so I just left it out and figured I'd finish it in the morning.  So, as I was enjoying my ketchup with a side of eggs, I reached for my tall glass of lemonade, put the straw in my mouth and took a long drag.  Right then I noticed a texture less juice-like and more scratchy/pulpy.  I knew right away something was wrong, I panicked and spit my juice out all over my plate...
Earwig.  Live earwig.
And that's when the screaming started.

I swear I was speaking in tongues.  I don't think anything actually made any sense, it was a lot of, "Ewww, ahhhh, a bug....in my juice....ahhhh (shudder) (spitting) oh ugh...".  I ran upstairs and Clinton was sitting up in bed shushing me to be quiet.  I quickly told him what happened and he stared at me with a completely disgusted face trying not to laugh.  As my pitch and volume got higher and higher he asked me if I was laughing or crying and I told him "both".
Oh my gosh.  My stomach still turns thinking about it, but it really was a funny situation.  I think next time I have lemonade with breakfast, I'll be sure to make it "earwig" free.

3 comments:

  1. Sick! You and Anton both. That is one club I do not plan on joining!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no! I'm glad you didn't chew or swallow, but then again you won't know what it was that was in your mouth if you didn't spit it out! :)

    ReplyDelete