Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Day 66: It's All About the Walk

Aha:
As I was walking home I was listening to Pandora.  I've been very drawn to hymns and church music lately and a rendition of "I am a Child of God" by Hillary Weeks began to play.  It was like taking a deep breath after being under water.  Everything around me became still as I enjoyed a quiet, tender moment of reflection.  I am a child of God.  Rich blessings are in store.

Ha ha:
1.  As it was nearing the end of the day my coworker and I happened to be passing each other in the Skywalk (she coming down the ramp, and I, going up).  I noticed she was swinging her arms, so I exaggerated her motions and mimicked her.  She did a little dancy walk as I proceeded to lean way back and kick my legs high and out, walking with my arms in a military-like pump.  I announced it was time for silly walks.  We laughed and she said it was a good thing we were the only ones in the hallway.  Well, apparently neither of us noticed the lady walking about 20 feet behind me and as Lissa said that comment the lady shouted, "Well, it looks pretty entertaining from back here!"  Ha ha!
2.  I was walking home from work, messing with my new phone and not paying attention to my surroundings.  Fortunately, I happened to look up and see a MOUSE on the sidewalk in front of me munching on a pear.  I got my camera out and began to record it for posterity's sake.  Anyway, as I finished my recording and looked up, I noticed the man across the street watching the mouse as well.  I asked if he saw it and he said, "Yah, I did.  Is that your mouse?"  No.  I replied.  I just happened to see it as I was walking home.  "Oh," he says, "I was thinking, it looks like that lady is either walking her pet mouse, or (noting my hospital badge) is performing some sort of experiment."  Ha!
Will post a video soon, I can't get it to work now.

1 comment:

  1. Walking your pet mouse. Ha ha ha ha... totally made me laugh out loud. :)

    ReplyDelete