Monday, April 30, 2012

Day 309: Hellos and Goodbyes

Aha:
One of my good friends moved out of state today :(  I didn't get a chance to tell her goodbye at church yesterday, so I drove over to her place at 830 last night to get one last hug.  When I got there, her little boy was crying and she was busy getting the house cleaned and the rest of what couldn't fit into their moving truck, out to the donation trailer.  I put down my purse and coat, rolled up my sleeves and got to work.
First, I went into the baby's room and got to rock him to sleep one last time.  Her little boy has meant a lot to me.  I used to rock him to sleep every week in Sunday school.  She would turn to me and say, "I don't know how you do it.  He never does that for me."  He made me feel special and gave me my baby-soothing fix.  I feel so lucky that I got to do it again before they left.
After the boy was asleep, I helped wipe down all the windows and made sure everything else was hauled out so she could get to bed before too long.
I totally intended on saying a quick goodbye (I'm not very good with them, and shorter is better), but when I saw that help was needed, I was more than happy to stay and help my friend.  I got to bed pretty late last night, but I am so thankful that I could be there.
Thank you Haley for everything.  You are a wonderful friend and the people of Louisiana are lucky to have you!  Be sure to give Brantley extra squeezes for me! :)

Ha ha:

Clinton returned home from a trip to Seattle yesterday.  I hadn't seen him in 3 days and was excited to have him back home...that is, until he slapped my bum when I was bent over getting something out of the fridge.  When I turned and looked at him with an annoyed look on my face he said, "I bet'cha missed that!"  
No.  I didn't.

No comments:

Post a Comment