Monday, April 16, 2012

Day 295: "Bringing Up" the Past

Aha:

“May you never forget what is worth remembering, nor ever remember what is best forgotten”

-Irish Blessing


Ha ha:
I keep meaning to write about this but forget, so here goes.
When I was about 10- or 11-years-old I slept on the top bunk of mine and my sister's bunk bed, and one or more of the cats would usually sleep with me.  One night, I had a dream that I was sitting on the couch watching an episode of Wheel of Fortune.  Much as I do in real life, I was shouting out letters for the puzzle.  The game proceeded for a bit until the puzzle became quite obvious.  One male contestant buzzed-in to solve.  When Pat asked him to solve the puzzle, the contestant just stood there with a blank face.  "I forgot" he said.  "I forgot.  I forgot.  I forgot."  He said it faster and faster.
In my dream, and apparently in reality, I sat up and leaned closer to the television screen to get a better look at what was going on.  "I forgot.  I forgot.  I forgot."
Leaning closer, I woke up, opened my eyes from sleep and looked onto my bed to see my cat coughing up a hairball.  I was all the way on the top bunk so I couldn't push him down but couldn't get up fast enough before he vomited all over my bed.
Moral of the story?  If you hear something/someone repeating something over and over in your dream WAKE UP!; there's probably some sort of mischief going on around you!

No comments:

Post a Comment