Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Day 284: Carrot=Garrote in My Th-roat

Aha:
Carrots and I don't typically get along.  Things will be all great for a while until suddenly, a carrot will start choking me out of nowhere.  It's been a while.  I was starting to feel like we might finally be getting along...nope!
Things were really busy today, as they have been all week, and thought I'd double-task:  crunch on my carrots while crunching numbers on a pie chart.  Well, next thing I knew, a carrot was lodged in my throat and I was choking.  Fortunately (?) for me this has happened quite a few times in my life and I instinctively knew what to do.  I quickly brought up a sharp cough and dislodged the chunk of carrot before things got too serious.  Phew!
My coworker kept her face to her computer screen and asked, "Everything ok over there?"
"Yup.  Just choked on a carrot, but I'm ok."

Ha ha:
When I started at my job two years ago, I distinctly remember the first time I brought carrots to work.  Why's that?  Because, even though I hardly knew my coworkers at the time, I told them that I didn't eat carrots when I was alone, I was about to eat some, and then asked each of them if they knew the heimlich maneuver and if they'd be willing to do it on me any time I choked.
Do I keep anything to myself??

No comments:

Post a Comment