Saturday, April 28, 2012

Day 307: Whistling and Being In Tune

Aha:
For about the last hour of work yesterday, my coworker and I got to talking about overcoming trials.  We both addressed some of the trials we've faced and how having such wonderful spouses, family and friends can make those experiences so much easier to bear.  We talked about how we know that the Lord knows best for us and if we can just trust in His plan, we will be the better for it.
It was wonderful!  It is so refreshing to have such wonderfully peaceful feelings at work and I'm grateful to have shared them with my coworker today!
When I came home from work I had a client scheduled for a cut/highlights.  Her appointment was two hours, and I would venture to guess that a good hour of that was spent talking about God.  She and I aren't members of the same church either, but it doesn't take two people having a common church to have a common faith or belief.  Our conversation touched on knowing their is a god, the Atonement and the peace and healing it brings to our lives, faith in our trials, and trusting His plan for us.  We both feel/felt that we have grown in knowledge and faith because of our trials.  We both expressed our love for God and encouraged each other to endure.
It was wonderful!  Two uplifting spiritual-conversations in the space of a few hours!  What a lucky and blessed girl I am!

Ha ha:
The hospital I work for has very unique hold-music.  It never changes, there's never a pause to thank you for holding, or to say that some will be with you shortly; it just keeps playing over and over.  Anyway, I had just been on hold for about 15 minutes when I realized I needed to be somewhere.  I hung up the phone, walked over to the hospital, took the steps down to the first floor and reentered the main building.  The hold-music was continuing in my head that whole trip and as I rounded the corner in the main building I saw a group of four providers in deep conversation.  Unbeknownst to me, I started whistling the hold music really loudly.  Every single one of them turned to look at me, as if I was trying to get their attention.  I stopped.  Like a deer in the headlights.  I looked at each of them and said a quick, "Wup!  Sorry."
As soon as my back was turned from them, I broke into a huge grin and laughed to myself.  I had to have totally just looked like a crazy person to them!  Ha ha ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment