Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Day 298: Waive Your Hands in the Air!

Aha:
A couple of weeks ago I blogged (found here) about a friend of mine who had someone in her family falsely accused of something terrible.  She called me today to tell me that she got the best anniversary present (today's her and her husband's anniversary)...their attorney called to tell them that all of the charges "will not be pursued" and have been dropped!!
This has been an unexpected and rather heavy burden for them to bear and I am so thankful that all of our many prayers for them have been answered!  What a wonderful blessing!!!

Ha ha:
Ok.  This person shall remain anonymous, but only because he/she asked to remain so.  Anyway, this person and I were driving down the street tonight and saw "Mickey Mouse" waiving at cars as they passed on the street.  He/she thought it was really odd to have Mickey randomly out on the street, waiving at people.  We went to our meeting and then came back the same way.  Mickey was still there.
Upon seeing him the second time, he/she started the following conversation...
H/S:  Really?  What is Mickey doing there?
Me:  I dunno.  Waiving?
H/S:  But why?  He's not advertising anything.
Me:  (shoulder shrug)
H/S:  I know it's not really him, but what's he doing here?
Me:  (LAUGHING!)  Of course that's not really Mickey!  It's only someone dressed up to look like Mickey!
H/S:  That's not what I meant!  I meant that it's not real.
Me:  (LAUGHING)  I know.  It's a costume.  You mean it's not "Disney's quality" of a costume.  Like it's homemade?
H/S:  Yes.
Me:  I'm so putting this on my blog!
H/S:  Fine.  Just don't say my name.
Ok.  I didn't he/she-who-shall-remain-nameless, but, man was that funny!

No comments:

Post a Comment