Friday, December 30, 2011

Day 188: The People Who Put Up with Me

Aha:
As I was getting ready to walk out the door this morning my nose started running.  Feeling a bit annoyed, I ran to the table to grab a Kleenex.  Good thing I did too, because right beside the box was my work badge.  I think this is one of the only times I'll say I'm thankful for a runny nose!
Day 3 of 10 in listing 100 things for which I'm grateful!
Living People

  1. My husband
  2. My parents (+ in-laws, Clinton's Gma and Gma & Gpa Wilson)
  3. My siblings (+ in-laws)
  4. My nieces and nephews (+ in-laws)
  5. My adoption friends/support group (Amber, Emily, Christy, Carrie, Jaime, Jenni)
  6. My coworkers (including Marilyn-who works in another office but is a great friend/coworker)
  7. My best friend Krystal (a total rock and wonderful example)
  8. My gal pals (near and far)
  9. Brett Running (one of my previous residents who was in school for acupuncture and encouraged me to try it--totally changed my life for the better!)
  10. My OB!  She's amazing!
Ha ha:
Conversation between Clinton and I when I called him this afternoon from work.
Me:  Hi, are you coming to get me still?
He:  Yah, that's fine, but when we get home I'll need to finish studying.
Me:  Oh, don't worry about it then.  Just finish your studying and I'll walk home.
He:  Are you sure?
Me:  Yes.  I'll just walk so you can finish up.
He:  Are you going to be upset?
Me:  No.  It's okay, really.
He:  Is this a trick?  Are you saying you're fine but are actually mad?
Me:  I promise.  See you soon.
He:  (hesitant)...Ok...bye...
After hanging up, I thought, Oh dear.  I must have really put him through the ringer a few times if thinks my saying "I'm fine" is a trick!!
Ladies, I'm sure we've all done this before.  Let's perhaps be a little easier on the poor chaps we call our husbands, huh?  LOL!

1 comment: