Friday, December 23, 2011

Day 181: Chri-stmas Memories

Aha:
We had some special visitors this evening.  Clinton answered the door and asked me to come there.  As I approached the door I saw two little faces and heard two little voices singing, "We Wish You a Merry Christmas".  They handed us a bag of homemade toffee (delicious and gone by the way) and a poinsettia plant!  What a wonderful Christmas surprise!!  Thanks Browns for thinking of us!

Ha ha:
Clinton reminded me of one of my favorite stories from our past this afternoon.  I'll share...
A couple Christmas seasons ago, we were out and about driving around on some errands.  As is typical year round but especially at Christmastime, I had the song, "It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas" (the Bing Crosby version) stuck in my head.  It seemed to be playing on and on inside my brain but I was managing to keep it to myself while carrying a conversation with Clinton.  Well suddenly, unbeknownst to me, I sang the backup singers' "Chri-stmas" part of the song (see the link above and start at :33 to hear what I'm referring to).  Clinton turned to me and said, "Where the heck did that come from?  What was that?"  I was confused, because to me, it made perfect sense--I had been singing the whole thing in my head after all!  Anyway, once we realized he was missing the majority of the song and how I must have sounded like a total crazy person, we both had a great laugh!  Now, whenever we hear that song we emphasize the "Chri-stmas" part and start laughing. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment