Monday, December 26, 2011

Day 183: Christmas Sayings

Aha:
Here are two signs their five-year-old made for us: "From Kailey, Love you!" 
"Kailey, Mom and Dad Welcome You Sister Logan and Brother Logan"

A family in our ward invited us over for Christmas dinner.  We ate and had a really nice time getting to know them better.  The wife asked if we would like to watch "Joy to the World" with them and I'm so glad we did.  It felt so great to watch a movie about the birth of Jesus Christ on the day it's celebrated.
Sitting there in their living room, I felt such a wonderful feeling of gratitude and peace as I heard the scripture passages read and saw them reenacted.  Snippets of some of my favorite Christmas songs (sung by the Mo-Tabs) were interjected throughout the film too.
I am so thankful to have had this Christmas to think more about Jesus.  I feel like I have come to know Him a little better and I especially feel like I want to get to know Him more.

Ha ha:
WARNING:  There is a swear coming up.
It was my turn to make breakfast for the two of us and Eggs Benedict was the meal of choice.  I had my eggs poaching, my english muffins a'toastin' and my hollandaise sauce a-cookin'.  Feeling like I had everything running rather smoothly, that is until I got a little distracted by some mold on my newly purchased muffins.  I worked to tear it out and completely forgot all about my sauce.  I ran to the pan in a hurry and saw brown bubbles coming out of the top--it was burning.  "Dammit!" I shouted.  (Really, Dani??)  Clinton let out a laugh in the living room while I stirred and stirred as fast as I could, realizing it was OK after all.
Nothing says "Merry Christmas" on a Sunday like an unnecessary swear!  Sheesh!

1 comment:

  1. Haha! So on Christmas, I dropped my quiche on the floor. Luckily it was AFTER breakfast. Let's just say, we had a similar story over here...

    ReplyDelete