Saturday, September 24, 2011

Day 91: Great Talks

Aha:
I had the pleasure of attending the General Relief Society broadcast from Salt Lake this evening.  The talks from the presidency were good, but the talk given by President Uchtdorf was UNBELIEVABLE!!  I have heard some really great talks in my life, but this one is probably one of my top 5 favorites!  If you did not hear him speak, I would look up the video on lds.org.
His talk used the five petals of the Forget Me Not flower as a metaphor for the five things, we as women, should never forget.
1.  Forget not to be patient with yourself.
2.  Forget not that some sacrifices are better than others.
3.  Forget not that you do not need a "golden ticket" in order to be happy now.
4.  Forget not the "why"s of the gospel.
5.  Forget not that your Heavenly Father has not forgotten you; that he knows you and loves you.


"Never forget that you must be patient and compassionate with yourselves, that some sacrifices are better than others, that you need not wait for a golden ticket to be happy. Please never forget that the 'why' of the gospel of Jesus Christ will inspire and uplift you. And never forget that your Heavenly Father knows, loves and cherishes you."


I LOVED this talk!!!!!

Ha ha:
As I was falling asleep last night, Clinton began talking to me in his sleep.  Now, when he talks in his sleep, it is almost always scientifically-based and he does not sound like he's incoherent...at first.  Although, this one, it was pretty obvious he was asleep and I couldn't help but have a little fun with it...
He:  (rolling towards me)  Just don't get the actual pillow wet.  It won't hurt the case itself, but it will ruin the pillow.
Me:  What will?
He:  The program you're using.
Me:  What program?
He:  (getting irritated)  The program you're using, right this moment!
Me:  I'm using a program that will get the pillow wet?
He:  Nothing, just keep doing what you're doing.
Me:  What am I doing?
He:  (silence)

1 comment:

  1. His talk was amazing, I agree! I was laughing very hard at Clinton talking in his sleep. Zack does too. You are good to remember what he said though! So funny :)

    ReplyDelete