Saturday, September 17, 2011

Day 83: All for Nothing

Sorry, my internet was down yesterday and part of today, so my post is LATE!!

Aha:
You ever get that crept out feeling for no reason?  Well, I was home alone yesterday evening and that feeling came.  I began to worry that something was wrong.  I worried that Clinton had gotten into an accident or someone was hurt in my family.  I said a little prayer for comfort and almost as soon as I finished, my phone rang.  It was Clinton telling me he was on his way home.  I told him to drive safe and he was home just a few minutes later.  Not too long after he got home I got a text from my mom and all was well at home too.

I have no idea why those feelings came, but I am so grateful for the comfort I received regardless!

Ha ha:
I was in line behind two East Indian women at the register at Target, my hair was down and I had noticed earlier in the day how long it's getting (this may not seem significant, but just a moment).  As I approached the cashier she looked up at me and said, "Ah, I wish I could get my hair that long!  It's so beautiful!" 
Me:  Aw, I'm actually trying to grow mine out!
She:  Me too, I can't get mine past my shoulders.
Me:  Well, it's still cute.
She:  Thanks.  She said she it's against her religion to cut it.
Me:  (??)
She:  (Glancing behind her at the two East Indian ladies walking out) It's just so beautiful.

Right then I realized she wasn't complimenting my hair at all.  She'd been talking about the East Indian ladies in front of me the whole time.  (sigh) Ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment