Friday, September 23, 2011

Day 90: Smart Move

Aha:
1.  Last night as I was crawling into bed, I noticed that my computer was on my bed.  I asked Clinton why my computer was upstairs and he said, "I thought you might need it to write on your blog."  (Aww!) I asked why he thought I hadn't written yet and he said, "Well, you were busy all evening, so I figured you'd not written, so I thought I'd bring it upstairs for you."  (Double Aww!)
2.  After I packed my lunch last night I realized that I had a lunch I was going to and didn't need to bring one.  Well, I decided to take it this morning in case I got extra hungry.  At about 10 this morning I found out my other lunch was canceled!  I'm so grateful I had packed a lunch the night before and that I brought it with me today!!!

Ha ha:
I met two of the women in the LDS Families Supporting Adoption group from Illinois today.  They brought their kids (and one of them brought her hilarious husband as well).  Well, one of the boys was five years old and one month into kindergarten.  His mom introduced him to me and he instantly started recalling the details from his day.  I pointed out how smart he was and his dad said, "Tell her about your bones."  I kid you not, he proceeded, from the top of his head (he's five) down to his feet, listing his bones (skull, parietal, occipital, frontal, mandibular, clavicle, sternum, humerus, radius, ulna, pelvis, coccyx, femur, patella, tibia, fibula, metatarsal.)  He's five!!  The best part was the visual when he listed his coccyx; he lifted his legs as high and as far apart as he could from his carseat.  And proudly pointed to his coccyx!  Ha!!  Why was he in a carseat?...because he's FIVE!!
We went to McDonald's for one of their delicious cold treats and he entertained me with the elements of the periodic table.  Not only could he name all 118 of them, but he could multiply them together and tell you which element that created and the special coding (?) involved with that new element.  He's FIVE!  He had a school assignment to practice his 5's and 0's and when he'd had enough of that he decided to write a small essay on the back about the digestive system ("The digestive system is very important.  Mouth, throat, small intestines, large intestines and rectum.")  Um...have I mentioned he's FIVE????  It was very entertaining and not short of AMAZING to say the least!

No comments:

Post a Comment