Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Day 87: Reading, Writing and a Heretic

Aha:
I took a bath tonight (beginning my fall regimen early) and read.  I came across an article in the April 2011 Ensign titled "To Always Remember Him" by Elder Todd D. Christofferson.  In it he quoted a scripture from Doctrine & Covenants 123:16-17, I believe this will now be my mantra for the next while:


16 You know, brethren, that a very large ship is abenefited very much by a very small helm in the time of a storm, by being kept workways with the wind and the waves.
 17 Therefore, dearly beloved brethren, let us acheerfully bdo all things that lie in our power; and then may we stand still, with the utmost assurance, to see the csalvation of God, and for his arm to be revealed.

I do not think it chance that I came across this scripture tonight.  I have felt like I'm in a rut and unable to climb out.  I'm trying my hardest to be cheerful and see the Lord's perspective, but I've just not been able to.  Then cause I can't, I feel discouraged, like I'm a failure.  HOWEVER, this scripture does not say "you must be perfect in trials" it says, "let us cheerfully do all things that lie in our power and then may we stand still, with the utmost assurance,...for his arm to be revealed."

Um...wow!  I have been trying to do everything to be "successful" in my trials, instead of just doing what I can, which is one thing at a time.  Not being able to do everything doesn't mean I'm failing, it just means that I do what I can and watch for the Lord to do the rest.

Ha ha:
1.  I was talking to a friend of mine on Facebook while watching my FAVORITE SHOW, Raising Hope (if you haven't seen it, watch it!  It's wonderful!).  Anyway, she asked me a question during a commercial break and I started to answer.  My show came back on mid-sentence and I totally forgot that I had been writing someone until the next commercial break.  I must have looked so slow!  All she saw was "Danielle typing" for like five minutes!  Ha ha ha!  Oh, it was so funny, but so embarrassing at the same time!  Ha ha!
2.  I have a mannequin head with long hair to practice braids, updos, etc.  I offered it to be used at an event this weekend and needed to find the hardware for clipping it to a table (called, a stand).  Anyway, my mannequin head was laying on my piano and I was searching everywhere for my stand.  I turned to Clinton:
Me:  Have you seen my mannequin stand?
He:  (pointing to my mannequin) No, but I've seen it lying down.
Me:  (laughter)

1 comment:

  1. Ha, ha! That's great. I've seen it lying down. :) Great thought at the beginning, by the way. I love what you got out of that scripture.

    ReplyDelete