Friday, September 9, 2011

Day 76: Pedestrians, Phones and Panties

Aha:
As I was walking to work this morning (all residential neighborhoods) I crossed an intersection going West; there were two cars waiting for me to cross, one going North (with a stop sign) and one turning North from the West (no stop sign).  As soon as I stepped onto the sidewalk I heard a loud CRUNCH behind me.  I turned around to see that the two cars had collided.  The stop-sign car zoomed through the intersection to pass behind me and the non-stop-sign car turned as soon as I crossed and they crashed into one another.
The formula for disaster was pretty strong: one pedestrian, one impatient driver and one driver not watching.  I'm just glad my role in this accident was "witness" and not "victim".

Ha ha:
1.  I got a new app on my phone that includes tons of different ring tones and I found the perfect one for Clinton when he calls me: The Simpsons Theme Song.  I played it for him and he loved it.
2.  My coworker read me something that she saw on FaceBook and I thought it was hilarious.  This quote is dedicated to my family:
Families are like panties... 
Some crawl up your butt. Some snap under pressure. Some don't have the strength to hold you up. Some get a little twisted. Some are your favorite. Some are holy. Some are cheap. Some are naughty. Some are full of crap, And some actually cover your butt when you need them to.
Thank you family, for being most like the good pairs of undies described...although, at times, you can all be full of crap too! :)

1 comment: