Saturday, September 10, 2011

Day 77: Oh! Deer!

Aha:
Clinton and I took Peter for a walk in the AMAZING weather we had today.  As we climbed to the top of a hill (about 5 minutes from our house) and turned towards some bushes, we saw two deer munching on some branches about 30 feet away!  They were so beautiful and the moment was very quiet.  They watched us; we watched them.  Here's a video...those of you from the country will laugh at me for being so moved, but growing up in the city: this isn't an everyday occurrence!

I view this little exchange as a blessing because it was like everything stopped around us and everything was so calm.  We were able to enjoy some of God's prettiest animals from so close.  I felt like I was being given a special gift and I enjoyed it very much!

Ha ha:
We discovered Peter would never be a good hunting dog.  We stopped to watch that deer for a good 5 minutes and Peter didn't notice them once!  I think he's only got a nose for human food. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment