Thursday, May 1, 2014

Day 85: Making a Difference

Aha:
I called around today scouting out pricing to change out my winter tires with some new summer tires. When I called Walmart a very nice man named, Greg, answered the call. He got the information he needed about my tires, told me of a few options, then when I told him the ones I wanted he pulled them from the shelves, put them in a cart and set them aside for me so that when I got to the store I wouldn't have to wait 30 minutes for someone else to do it.
Above and beyond.
Sure enough, when I got to the tire center there was my cartful of tires.
While the tires were being installed I asked to speak with the store manager. I told him about my interactions with Greg and how impressed I was with his kind actions. He smiled and said, "Yep. Doesn't surprise me. Greg's a great guy."
On my way out of my parking space I heard a little voice, "Danielle!"
I turned and saw, who I assumed was Greg, running my way.
"I see you got your tires. Right after I set them aside for you a gentleman came in wanting the same tires. I gave yours to him and then went right away and got you your set. I put the cart in the tire center and said to the crew, 'These are for a young lady named, Danielle. Don't give these to anyone but her.'''
I again thanked him for being so above-and-beyond helpful. He gave me a real big smile and said he was happy to do it.
Anyway, this just really made my day. There are so many good and kind people in the world. I think it's really important we say "thank you" and take a moment to also notify those people that can make a difference in their lives (supervisor, parent, etc.).
Thank you, Greg. You made a big difference in my day.

Haha:
I overheard Clinton on the phone with his dad.
Clinton: What'cha up to?...You're demolishing your bathroom?...Is that someway of saying you're taking a giant dump?
Oh, Clinton.

No comments:

Post a Comment