Saturday, May 31, 2014

Day 113: Grinding

Aha:
I bought a night guard a week ago after many people recommended I do so. I wasn't aware of any clenching or grinding of my teeth but I didn't know what else to do to combat my TMJ.
Well, I've been using it every night and I can close my jaw all the way again and the pain has decreased rather significantly. To top it off, I woke up Thursday morning to a squeaking sound. It took me a moment to realize the sound was coming from me; I was grinding my teeth (thank goodness I had my guard in). I don't know if I was grinding cause I had my guard in or if it was grinding that made me need the guard in the first place. Either way, it was worth the $35 at Walmart and I'm feeling so much better already!

Haha:
When I was little I had a really bad teeth grinding problem. It was so bad in fact that my grinding would wake up my sleeping family members in their bedrooms—through closed doors!
I tell ya, it's a miracle I have teeth at all!

No comments:

Post a Comment